The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
PR Newswire Weekly Transportation Press Release Roundup, April 3-7, 2023. Photo provided by Hyundai Motor America. https://prn.to/3GiHKgs
- Shell USA, Inc. finalizes acquisition of Volta Inc., scaling up its U.S. public electric vehicle charging network
Volta provides Shell with an existing public charging network of over 3,000 charge points at destination sites (shopping centers, grocery stores, pharmacies, etc.) across 31 U.S. states and territories, a development pipeline of more than 3,400 additional charge points, and capabilities to continue developing, operating, and monetizing EV charging infrastructure.
- NASA Names Astronauts to Next Moon Mission, First Crew Under Artemis
The four astronauts will embark on a 10-day flight test of the Orion spacecraft, helping establish NASA’s path to a long-term presence on the moon.
- Group14 Technologies Begins Construction of the World’s Largest Commercial Factory for Advanced Silicon Battery Materials
The one-million-square-foot campus will be home to the world’s largest factory of advanced silicon battery materials for EV programs to meet global decarbonization targets.
- GM Defense Receives Full-Rate Production Decision from U.S. Army for Infantry Squad Vehicle Program
At 5,000 pounds, the expeditionary ISV is light enough to be sling loaded from a UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter and compact enough to fit inside a CH-47 Chinook helicopter for air transportability. The vehicle’s high percentage of COTS parts provide global defense and government customers flexibility and optionality to outmaneuver threats and support mission requirements as they evolve.
- Erie Insurance Survey Finds Even though Texting While Driving is Banned in Most States, 27% of Americans Think it’s Considered Socially Acceptable
To kick off Distracted Driving Awareness Month, Erie Insurance found that 73% of people find texting and driving to be socially unacceptable, 90% of passengers would tell a driver to stop texting, and 47% of those drivers stopped and started again when that passenger exited the vehicle.
- This Next-Generation Battery will Power Wireless Communications from the Stratosphere Enpower Greentech, Inc. has combatted the fear of environmental impact on EV batteries and developed a battery that passed all ground and aerial tests in extremely low temperatures and near-vacuum pressures.
Read more of the latest auto- and transportation-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtrnsp on Twitter.
New York International Auto Show Recap
The New York International Auto Show kicks off today, April 7, but we’ve already seen a number of releases cross the wire with new vehicle announcements and other debuts to expect from the event.
Here are just a few of the auto show releases we spotted this week:
- All-new, All-electric 2025 Ram 1500 REV Unveiled at New York International Auto Show
The 2025 Ram 1500 REV will offer customers two all-electric options, including a standard 168-kilowatt-hour (kWh) battery pack with a targeted range of up to 350 miles and an optional 229-kWh large battery pack with a targeted range of up to an unsurpassed 500 miles.
- 2023 New York International Auto Show Guests Use Artificial Intelligence to Create their Picture-Perfect Lexus
At the Lexus display, guests are guided through prompts that generate images that appear on a 98-inch screen, featuring either the Lexus RX or RZ. Afterward, guests can send themselves their images via email, allowing them to bring their art home with them with nearly any backdrop they could fathom – even in a galaxy far, far away.
- Hyundai Reveals IONIQ 5 Disney100 Platinum Concept at New York Auto Show
In the first creative collaboration between Walt Disney Imagineering and an auto manufacturer, and in celebration of Disney’s 100th anniversary, the magical vehicle will feature Disney100 branding, Gravity Gold matte exterior paint, lamp screens with Disney sparkle animations, moon roof etching, Disney-themed intro on the interior screen with music and animations, and a synchronized light show with changing color modes.
- Lucid Air Wins 2023 World Luxury Car of the Year
The longest-range, fastest-charging electric car on the market was named the 2023 World Luxury Car of the Year at the 2023 New York International Auto Show.
- Subaru Debuts the All-New 2024 Crosstrek Wilderness at the New York International Auto Show Combining Subaru’s renowned Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive with a revised drivetrain, standard X-MODE, elevated 9.3-inch ground clearance and exclusive body cladding, the 2024 Crosstrek Wilderness is the most rugged and trail-capable Crosstrek ever.
- Chrysler Partners With Autism Society of America, Announces Calm Cabin Package to Support Individuals With Autism and Their Loved Ones
Through its new partnership, the Chrysler brand and the Autism Society will work to make travel more comfortable for all through thoughtful design, support accommodations, educational resources and local community engagement.
Read more of the latest automotive news from PR Newswire.